पल

Thursday, July 13, 2006

5th NOVEMBER 2003


The morning was usual as before,
The air was cold.
I never felt going to school, but a
strong inclination told me to go.
On reaching there, I
saw the sad faces of my friends.
The air was heavy and everything seemed gloomy.
People were crying and there was a look of despair
in every eye, I, puzzled and perplexed,
dared to ask one of the person..

The news was a shock to me.
One of my best seniors,
the I.I.T.ian Bombay was dead.
The whole campuss, the teachers, the students
and everybody was sad and crying.

On this day I felt the irony of
the game of life and death.
I had met her just 2 weeks ago,
always cheerful was she,
it was hard to believe that such a fine person
could now lay dead.

As time went on, the school too got away
with the shock and daily activities took its place.
I too joined the work of decorating
the bulletin board for a contest.
I was given the task to half burn
the paper with an incense.

The smoke coming from the incense,
gave me the heavy feeling of the dead.
I felt her around me.
The mind got diverted and I got
into an uneasy state of mind,
whether to console me or my friends.
I got up and joined my friends (sad) busy in some
school work.
Dev was sad,
Abhi was sad.
Sidd and Aysh were sad and
I was sad.
We will miss you a lot!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger SiD said…

    hi tibre...
    strangely, life goes on... and things have become normal and still they will never be the same again... i have been meeting ma'am murthy quite often, and it seems things and we have also talked abt vartika... but have things really resolved... i guess not, but we cannot do anything abt it, which is puts us right in our place in the big scheme of things... we are just a part of the whole cosmic drama, and there are higher powers than us.

    ne ways, a well written verse that brought back all those memories... and made me sad all over again...

    congratulations on your becoming an owner of your own little space in the wide world of the web.

    take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home